March 7, 2018
Powering Possibilities …for Today & Tomorrow!
A leader in sustainable energy, TransAlta has over 100 years of experience generating power and is one of Canada’s top 50 Socially Responsible Companies since 2009, recognized as a global leader for sustainability and corporate responsibility standards. TransAlta operates 75 facilities in three countries; Australia, Canada, and United States.
TransAlta is committed to fostering a dynamic, productive and safe work environment. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountability, strong leadership and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
Summary: The purpose of this position is to ensure safe and reliable operation and maintenance of the Le Nordais wind assets; through application of operating/maintenance standards, procedures and processes that ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. This position exists to develop and implement operations and maintenance strategies with in the required time span. In addition, this role is accountable to provide leadership through developing, implementing and managing the business plan in alignment with the Supervisor’s business plan. This role is accountable to ensure the portfolio adheres to TransAlta’s operating model. This role provides operations direction to more junior Wind Technicians.
- Ensure optimal performance through daily work scheduling, planning, and implementation of maintenance, service, and repair of wind turbine equipment through a team of wind technicians and contractors capable of producing the agreed deliverables.
- Support the daily to three month business plan in alignment with the Supervisor’s business plan through driving operational performance, achievement of business results and continuous improvement.
- Operational compliance to EHS, NERC,OHS,etc., plant availability, and cost standards through daily review of work orders for accuracy, completeness, and inventory updates; daily facility metric reporting and accurate record keeping; and monitoring of TZAR report entering and record keeping
- Drive for results in the areas of safety, compliance, plant availability, and cost through providing technical support and assistance to wind technicians; ensuring all routine and preventative maintenance is performed accurately, on time, and of a high quality and documented.
- Support the Supervisor in selecting, developing, and managing a high performance team of more junior employees and contractors to achieve expected outcomes of the plants. This includes assigning tasks within a team of more junior Technicians and holding them accountable for delivery.
- Support the Supervisor to ensure staff are adequately trained, qualified and competent in their roles and compliant with mandatory training.
- Identifying and mitigating risk that could negatively impact the agreed to outcomes or business results, and identifying and realizing opportunities that could positively impact the agreed to outcomes or business results.
- Establish a collaborative work environment within the team, peers, stakeholders and support groups to ensure issues may be resolved in a professional and productive manner.
- After-hours support (on call) as needed to support the site in close working relationship with the Wind Control Centre and the Supervisor.
- Uphold TransAlta values, thereby maintaining and enhancing reputation and stakeholder relations.
- Appropriate trade certification in a related discipline with years of related progressive experience
- Industrial Mechanic, Millwright or Electrician trade ticket would be an asset;
- 7+ years’ mechanical aptitude preferred; install, maintain and troubleshoot, dismembering and assembling equipment;
- Comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own discipline and knowledge of others
- Demonstrated understanding of the operational aspects of the plant – technical, compliance, and financial
- Demonstrated understanding of plant risk and related mitigation strategies
- Understanding of site contractual obligations, procurement processes, and vendor qualifications
- Has strong understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve objectives.
- Fluent in both French and English
Our comprehensive and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, incentive and rewards programs form the foundation of TransAlta’s excellent employment proposition.
Come on board! Please click here to apply for this position.
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. Some positions may require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance. If these verifications are needed, they will be indicated on the job posting.
Powered by Versicherungsvergleich